Bad news is we are not moving in anytime soon.
1. Doors don’t fit. The contractor hung the doors before the floors were installed. We removed them to paint them and tried to reinstall over the weekend, and they no longer fit.
2. Furnace no longer works. Sigh. It worked a couple of weeks ago during construction. Snow comes in tonight and there is no heat in the building.
3. Glass guy can’t come until next week to install the glass in the bathrooms.
4. Lawnmower broke down. Weeds are growing everywhere.
Still not ready to move in. My house (where we are living) is a messy nightmare with packing boxes, paper, things to throw away, things to give away, things to pack, things that are of unknown origin and just things.
Heed my warning now. Clean out your junk before you have to clean it out and please, please…don’t leave it for your children to do.
1. We ordered a new kitchen globe from Etsy (the original somehow broke sometime during the last couple of years.) Hubster installed and it looks fine.
2. Dogwood is blooming.
(PS. We started this project one year ago when the dogwood was blooming.)
3. Hubster and I have made great progress against the weeds even with the threat of heavy rain.
4. Found some very cool General Motors crystal cocktail glasses from the 60’s in the storage unit. My grandfather owned a car dealership back then and so the glasses were probably his. There are six glasses total and each one has a classic car etched on it. (At the time they were new cars, not classics.)
5. Apple Hill Apple Blossoms are in bloom
6. It feels good to pull weeds and see my progress.
It is a beautiful time of year, even though we are expecting snow tonight. I will probably head out tomorrow and try to take some photos of snow on the dogwoods. Around here there is a saying that has been true every year that I have lived here: Winter isn’t over until it snows on the dogwoods.
That saying will be coming true today or tomorrow.
Meanwhile, here’s some more dogwood pictures.
Trying to keep it Midcentury and trying to move in.